ED Update – week 11
It’s time (Well, long overdue) for a quick update on stuff I’ve been doing recently, and some things that are coming up. I’ve worked out a new way of doing these, so they should be more regular now, about every couple of weeks or so.
- The annual report is moving ahead. I’ve moved up the timelines a bit here from previous years, so hopefully, the people who very kindly help author this can remember what we did in the 2016/17 financial year!
- GUADEC/GNOME.Asia/LAS sponsorship – elements are coming together for the sponsorship brochure
- Some sponsors are lined up, and these will be announced by the usual channels – thanks to everyone who supports the project and our conferences!
- Shell Extensions – It’s been noticed that reviews of extensions have been taking quite some time recently, so I’ve stepped in to help. I still think that part of the process could be automated, but at the moment it’s quite manual. Help is very much appreciated!
- The Code of Conduct consultation has been useful, and there’s been a couple of points raised where clarity could be added. I’m getting those drafted at the moment, and hope to get the board to approve this soon.
- A couple of administrative bits:
- We now have a filing system for paperwork in NextCloud
- Reviewing accounts for the end of year accounts – it’s the end of the tax year, so our finances need to go to the IRS
- Tracking of accounts receivable hasn’t been great in the past, probably not helped by GNUCash. I’m looking at alternatives at the moment.
- Helping out with a couple of trademark issues that have come up
- Regular working sessions for Flathub legal bits with our lawyers
- I’ll be at LibrePlanet 2018 this weekend, and I’m giving a talk on Sunday. With the FSF, we’re hosting a SpinachCon on Friday. This aims to do some usability testing and finding those small things which annoy people.